Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Curse of The Slow Reader

I know this blog has been a little barren in regards to how often I put up reviews.  This reflects the amount of reading I have been doing lately.  I can only read so many books in a span of time, and if possible I only read one at a time.  I like the concept of being completely engrossed in a book and I think that reading multiple books at a time takes away from that a little.

All this being said, I am a slow reader.  I like to take in every single detail and dive in as far as possible.  That means I can get through a 300 page book, depending on the pace, usually in a week, but sometimes it takes me longer.  The people that can read multiple books at a time and in a week are incredible.  Lots of times they are just as absorbed as I am.  I am so jealous of that cool ability.  I wish I had it, alas I do not.

I guess all I'm saying is that I am reading as fast as I can.  I will post them as I finish, but I can't promise I will have a review every week. I am going to work to make this blog the best it can be.
I hope that you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment