Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Trading places with characters.

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

 I would most definitely trade places with characters!  Here's a few.

Princess Buttercup (The Princess Bride by William Goldman):  I just love the idea of being in a world with Wesley the farm boy. "Aaaass Youuu Wishhhh"

Hermione Granger or Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter by JK Rowling)  This would be a dream come true!  Honestly, both of these women have unique and genuine views on their world.  I would love to see how they view their world.  It would be a whirlwind to be friends with the chosen one for a day. 

Turtle Wexler (The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin)  The idea of being in the midst of a real life strategy game is utterly alluring to me. 

Prosper (The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke)  Although, he is homeless and deadset on protecting his brother from his awful aunt and uncle, it would be most interesting to spend a day in his shoes.  I've heard Venice is a beautiful place and what I wouldn't give for some adventure there.

Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)  Really, I'm a sucker.  I want a Darcy.  So yeah.

Sherlock Holmes (Arthur Conan Doyle)  I want to be a detective, that would be cool.  That minus the cocaine habbit.

Sam (Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chobsky)  Perhaps I would like living her wild, fearless lifestyle, perhaps not.  I am not completely sold on it, but I do know that I would have absolute fun with Charlie and Patrick. 

Boo Radley (To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee) This would be really interesting, observing the world from inside the comfort of my own home.  I would be very curious.

Alice (Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol)  I WANT!  This would be the greatest day of exploration and mind-boggling wonderment for me.  I want to have tea with the Mad Hatter and enjoy the oddities of Lewis Carol's glorious world!

Lily Owens (The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd) Despite her father, I think it would be really interesting living with the crazy, wonderful Boatwright sisters.  I could tend to the bees all day long and listen to their stories. 

Side note: This was harder than I expected.  I read too many depressing books.  Good books, but no way would I want to be a part of those worlds.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to be Alice too & Luna, I forgot about her :P
    My Top Ten Tuesday: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday-switching-spots.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I want to be Buttercup too. Wesley IS pretty dreamy.

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I really need to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I'd like to read it before the movie comes out.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth Bennet and Hermione are on my list too. Check out my TTT if you have time.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete