Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Frustrating Characters

hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
This was easier than I expected it to be.  O.o

1. Mrs. Lincoln (Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl) - GAH! I just really need her and the rest of the idiots in this book to disappear.  I really cannot stand how this woman and so many other little disciples of this woman are cruel because Lena is different.  It's infuriating!

2. Mr. Price (A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling) - He is another one of those characters that just make me want to walk into the story and shoot.  As if his corrupt mind weren't enough, the abuse he bestows upon his family is inexcusable and criminal.

3. Harry Potter (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling) - Normally I would say Harry is a great character with the best strengths as well as weaknesses, but in this books he is annoyingly angsty for being a teenager.  The way he sulks around and tells nothing to anyone, makes me want to hit him upside the head and tell him to check himself.

4. Mr. Ruskin (Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin) - This meddles in everything and uses his connections and title to manipulate and destroy lives of those that cross his.  He is one of the characters I end up truly furious because of things he's done.

5. Sadie (Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald) - She has it bad for her best friend and it's frustrating.  She basically gives up her opinions and melts into a Garrett crony.  This makes me crazy, no person should become someone else to try to impress someone.

6. Caroline Bingley (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen) - I'm not a huge fan of this woman.  She is scheming and manipulative, which causes much unnecessary misfortune in this novel.

7. Mildred Montag (Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - She's a careless, self-absorbed, and a product of her society.  She cares more about having a house lined with television screens than being able to pay for it.  She cares not at all about her husband.

8. Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald) - She is just a very disappointing character.  There was an opportunity for her to be great, but alas she cannot overcome the comfort that her husband and his wealth gives her.

9. Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini) - I get that he was a teenage boy that lost a lot and found a dragon, but seriously no one person can be this stupid.  He should be able to put two and two together, but most of the time he doesn't until it's too late.

10. Bella Swan (Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer) - Well. This should be self explanatory.

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with you on Bella. I didn't even think to put Eragon and Caroline on my list what was I thinking. Mildred annoyed me too. I agree with you HP in HP 5 was frustrating. Great list and thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete