Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Light and Fun

hosted by the broke and the bookish.

When I need something light and fun, I generally turn toward the middle-grade and young adult realistic fiction.  Here are some of my favorites.

1. All American Girl by Meg Cabot - This is one of my go to books for fun reading.  I first read it at the beginning of middle school and haven't stopped since.

2. Avalon by Meg Cabot - Meg Cabot is full of great light and fun reads.  I had half a mind to list all of her novels (at least the one's I've read) on this list.

3. Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo - It's a story about a mouse that wants to go on adventures.  What's better than that?

4. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - This story is hilarious and beautiful.  The characters are incredibly entertaining and the writing will keep you engaged.

5. Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - The classic light and fun read is right here. Alice and a white rabbit with a waistcoat, what more could you want?

6. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan - I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life reading a book.

7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Stephanie Perkins makes the lighthearted world go round.

8. The Sister's Grimm series by Michael Buckley - Two girls become fairy tale detectives and solve mysteries in their new town. They're mostly light but completely fun.

9. The Princess Bride by William Goldman - High adventure, true love and lots in between, Goldman has written an abridgment of a nonexistent book.  From page one the humor is already there.

10. Scott Pilgram Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley - A graphic novel that screams hilarity.

6 comments:

  1. Anna is on my list too. U just add Will Grayson to my TBR list. thanks for sharing.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read the original Alice in Wonderland at some point - I've read re-tellings and seen different films, but never Lewis Carrols'. Nice list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will Grayson is my favorite JG book, loooved it :D

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Anna and The French Kiss is on everyone's list. It wins!

    http://booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-tuesday-light-and-fun-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't narrow down to one Cabot book so I just posted a photo of her on today's post! I always know going into one of her novels that it will be light and fun and I will probably even laugh a couple of times. They always seem to put me in a fairly good mood! I also listed Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. That is such a funny read! I haven't yet read the rest of the series though. Maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing so much about about Stephanie Perkins this TTT, it's totally a sign! :D

    ReplyDelete