Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best of 2013 so far...



I've only read 25 books so far this year so picking my top wasn't too difficult.

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - This is seriously creative and innovative.  I thought it was really good and interesting. 

2. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan - This is absolutely hysterical.  I was captivated by the characters. 

3. Legend by Marie Lu - Highly engaging and extraordinarily interesting, I thought this was a great story. 

4. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion - This was my first zombie book and it did not disappoint.  I thought it captured the zombie essence nicely. 

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - This book is so cute I can hardly stand it. 

6. Divergent by Veronica Roth - This book is a new way of thinking, what if people were sorted by personality type.  I really liked the idea of that and how that might be beneficial and/or destructive to a society. 

7. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray - Haunting, beautiful, and eloquent.  I loved the time period that this book is set in and the characters.

8. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - A tried-and-true children's story, everything I hoped it would be.  Whimsical to the very end. 

9. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - I thought this book was interesting, clever, and unique.  Loved it. 

10. Watchmen by Alan Moore - This graphic novel is visually stunning and the characters are great.  Who doesn't love a super hero story?

2 comments:

  1. Will Grayson, Legend, Anna and the French Kiss, Divergent, A Great and Terrible Beauty...You have good taste in books! :D These are some of my favorites, although I read them all before this year so they didn't make my TTT list today.
    My TTT
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder made my list too. I didn't love Anna and the French Kiss as much as everyone else. Definitely loved Divergent too though!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete