Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors in 2013

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 

Stephanie Perkins - It's hard to believe that I only just started reading her books this year. I feel like she's been in my radar for a long time. I'm so glad I decided to pick up both her books. I loved them and cannot wait for the next one. 

Veronica Roth - She knows how to write an engaging story that kept me wanting more. I cannot wait to finish her trilogy.

Marie Lu - This woman has a way of crafting an intense narrative and weaving in an infuriatingly brilliant love story that does not negate the important point of the story itself, it merely adds to it.

Marissa Meyer - It's a wonder that it took me so long to read these fairy tale retellings.  I love them and her for them.

Rick Riordan - I'd heard about the Percy Jackson books long before this year. I even saw the first movie when it came out, but I never got around to the books.  I just finished the most recent book in his mythical world. First Percy Jackson and now the Heroes of Olympus, these story lines are incredible. 

Meg Rosoff - I happened upon her by chance and I really enjoy her style of writing.  I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.

Leah Rae Miller - She had a great debut book mixing in the right amount of nerdy into a great read.  I am looking forward to reading more of her in the future.

Libba Bray - I've been told for years that I need to read her books and now that I've started I can't stop.

Laini Taylor - She created a world that both intrigued me and captivated me.  Her imagination is wonderful and I'm excited to read more from her.

Gayle Forman - She tells a good love story and in a unique way that is beautiful and haunting.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant list :-) I've discovered Laini Taylor, Marissa Meyer and Veronica Roth this year too. They didn't make my list, but they are fantastic writers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with Marie Lu, her writing style is just-oh-so-amazing! I've heard of Laini Taylor, but haven't read any of her books. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have discovered so many GREAT authors this year! Many that you have listed are my favorites! I, too, started reading Marie Lu this year and I just LOVE her writing!

    Happy Tuesday!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library--My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, 2 of the authors are on my list to be read next year: Veronica Roth & Marissa Meyer :)

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday list if you want to check it out!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list :) I love Marie Lu, Steph Perkins and Gayle Forman. I also did really love Veronica Roth and Divergent is still one of my favourite books, but I was left so disappointed by the whole of Allegiant that it's put me off reading anything else she does. I really, really need to read Libba Bray's, Laini Taylor's, and Marissa Meyer's books; they all look incredible and I keep hearing great things about them :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete