Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: I'd Like for My Birthday

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Since my birthday is on Friday, I thought I'd give a list of what I'd love to receive for my birthday.

1. Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I own Lola but not in the new beautiful cover.  I'd love some hardback with those covers!

2. What It Is by Lynda Berry - This book is absolutely gorgeous.  Every pages is full of illustrations and full color, I could look at it all for days!


3. That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard - The title alone has me intrigued.  The idea of someone joining the circus on purpose or on accident sounds so interesting.

4. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan - I will want this book even after I have read it.  The cover alone is beautiful, but it's about a bookstore and books and what better than that?

5. Gilda Joyce: Psychic Investigator by Jennifer Allison - I put this one on my Christmas wish list for the explicit reason that I own the middle three books.  I can't read those until I read the first one.  And I love to have complete series on my shelves.


6. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - The only things I've heard about this book are great things.  I've been told it's better not to know anything going into this.

7. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - This book looks so good and it's gotten rave reviews.  I would love to own it.


8. Yes Please by Amy Poehler - I'm on a memoir kick, as in there are a bunch of memoirs that came out this year that I want to get my hands on.  This book is the first in a line of them. She's hilarious so why wouldn't this book also be?

9. Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grown-up by Grace Helbig - This woman is hysterical and I love her youtube channel.  I love reading, so I'm certain that I will love this book, which is why I want to own it.

10. Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris - This man is so funny and from the moment I found out his autobiography was a choose your own adventure,  I knew that I must own it.



2 comments:

  1. I definitely recommend Gilda Joyce, Psychic Investigator to you. It's more middle grade, but it's a great mystery read with a paranormal twist. My sister and I absolutely love Joyce's series. I have yet to read any of the other books on your list,and I'm looking forward to Yes, Please, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, and Anna and the French Kiss among other titles myself. I hope you receive the books you want, thanks for sharing:)

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super interested in reading Gilda Joyce. I'm glad to hear that you like it! :)

      Delete