Thursday, February 26, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#29)

hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.

DADA teacher:

Hands down Professor Remus Lupin is my favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.  He's one of the few professor's in Harry's tenure that actually taught his classes useful things.  Aside from being one of my favorite characters, Lupin cared about his students and genuinely wanted them to learn in a practical and hands-on way.  Learning first hand how to take down Boggarts as well as defend themselves was a great teaching technic.  It would have been the way I learned best if I had been in his class.  I loved his teaching style.  He's was great teacher and a great person.


2 comments:

  1. I couln't agree with you more: Remus Lupin isn't just one of my all-time favorite teachers, but he's one of my all-time favorite characters too!! He was so grateful to be given a chance at teaching, despite his furry little problem, and I think it showed. Like you said, he cared a great deal for the students and for teaching them what they needed to learn! And he taught Harry how to produce a Patronus! Awesome. GREAT pick^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he's by far my favorite of all the teachers hired to the position of D.A.D.A. teacher. His practicality is really what made him one of the best, and he clearly cared about his students. I don't think Harry would have become nearly as proficient in this subject without his guidance.

    Here's my HP MOTW!

    ReplyDelete