Thursday, June 25, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#44)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

If you had to use one, which Unforgivable Curse would you use?

None of them.  But for the sake of the question, I'm going to go with the Imperius curse.  I'd like to think I could never do the Killing curse or the Cruciatus curse.  Anything that's going to cause real immediate harm to a person makes me squeamish.  I don't want to be the source of anyone's pain.   The Imperius Curse seems to be the least evil of them all in terms of immediate pain and suffering.  Yes, it can be used for evil very easily, you are controlling them after all.  I won't do that.  If someone force my hand I would make a person dance or do something silly, but nothing that would put them or anyone else in harms way.


2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way Alex, my automatic response was to go: I wouldn't use ANY of them. In the end, I went the same route that you did. I'd only use Imperius as a last resort, if my life where in danger and I had to distract someone, but I'd never use it to make someone else my slave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! The idea of using any of them really just sends shivers up my spine.

      Delete