Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd like to see as TV series/Movies


hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1.  Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I've always thought it would be kind of cool to see a TV series made about the ongoings of Hogwarts.  It doesn't necessarily have to be Harry's story, it could be the year at Hogwarts where the trio wasn't there, or the next generation of Hogwarts kids.  It could be really cool.

2. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - I want to see this happen so bad!  I feel like this could be an amazing set of movies.  Each story builds from the previous one and I think storytelling like that is really effective in movies.  Plus, I want to see this world come to life!

3. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall - These four girls get themselves into all sorts of trouble and adventure.  I've only read one of their books but I can imagine all of them would make a great television series that kids would really enjoy.  (I mean I'd like it too!)


4. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer - I am a sucker for a good love story and this one would make for a very entertaining RomCom.  I think it would work well as a movie or as a TV series, maybe a pseudo reality TV style competition would be cool.

5.  Stephanie Perkins books - I would love to see a set of movies from her books in which the characters cross over like they do in the novels. (Crossovers are one of my favorite things ever.)  It would be awesome, each story is their own but then characters you briefly see in the first turn out to be the main characters in the subsequent movies.  I'd be all over that.

6. The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde - I'm not sure which mode of media would work best for this book, but the concept itself would be excellent.  Fictional, nursery rhyme/fairytale characters who live in modern world but they don't realize they are characters.  Plus, it's a murder mystery.  You can do so much with that!


7. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger -  This steampunk boarding school for fine ladies would be an excellent setting for a TV show.  We could see the day to day happenings of the characters learning how to be fine ladies and fine spies.  It would be pretty sweet!

8. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - This would make a heart-warming movie.  I would jump at a chance to see this story be made into a movie.  It's got an element of mystery that I think would play well on screen.

9. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket - This series needs another chance.  I think it would do really well as a television series.  They'd get the chance to develop these characters better and include characters that were missing from the movie.

10. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin - I want this movie so bad!  It's a game and a mystery and a wonderful complication of characters and motives and actions.  I think it would be a great movie if it were done right.




6 comments:

  1. I agree, A Series of Unfortunate Events would be great as a TV show, that way they could explore all the books and all the different characters.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously needs a do-over. I'll press the do-over button right now if anyone is interested...

      Delete
  2. I really hope that producers are taking note of how many people have The Lunar Chronicles on their lists!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES^^ I NEED a television series of the Harry Potter story! For real. I also had The Lunar Chronicles on my list this week, I think it would make an awesome film series :) Oh and I agree that Lemony Snicket would make an awesome television show! I still need to read Etiquette & Espionage though but hopefully soon! Awesome picks^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling the world so many people would watch a Harry Potter television series... so many!

      Delete