Thursday, July 23, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#48)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

Favorite James Potter Moment:

I'm having trouble thinking of all the good James moments at the moment because I've just finished Order of the Phoenix and he's not painted in the best of light in that one.

I'd say my favorite moment has to be the moment in the Forbidden Forest when Harry uses the resurrection stone to bring those he loved close to him.  James, Lupin, Sirius, and Lily join Harry and that moment of comfort is what spurs him on to his sacrifice.  I love that everyone is there, but James says the words that get me every time I read it: "Until the very end."  James assures Harry that they will always be there, even when he can't see them.

I love that moment.  It warms me as much as it makes me cry.


7 comments:

  1. Even if you don't like James, you have to give him credit because he loved Lilly and Harry so much. Even after he died he was still there for Harry in spirit and that is just so touching =D.
    One of the reasons I want J.K Rowling to write a prequel book/series is because I want to see more of James character. I know he isn't just a bully, he has faults and flaws, but his character is more complicated than that and I want his good qualities to be showcased some more :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see more James. I have a feeling we've only hit the tip of the iceberg with his character. I mean there's so much to glean from what we've been given but I think there is so much more to learn.

      Delete
  2. I got chills reading that^^ that little phrase has more weight that anything and it's such a wonderful thing for a father to say, especially with James and Harry. Sure he was a jerk towards Snape, but hell Snape was a jerk back. James at least grew out of it and became a loving husband and father - despite what little time he had. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, James grew up to be a fine man, even beyond death.

      Delete
  3. That moment always gets me too. I like that it was James who said that as well to remind Harry that no matter what all his loved ones are with him. It's definitely what Harry needed to hear in that moment to proceed through the woods...to know that he was not alone. Fantastic answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that James was the one to say it. Lily gets a lot of credit for the way Harry turned out. I mean she deserves it, but James often gets a bad wrap. So the fact that James is the one to remind Harry that his loved-ones will always be there is extra special to me.

      Delete
  4. That scene in the forest always makes me sob my eyes out. Those four words that James says to Harry are so powerful, and it's a truly beautiful exchange between father and son. Lovely pick! :D

    ReplyDelete