Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dear J.K. Rowling

Faith of GeekyZooGirl and Micheline of Lunar Rainbow Reviews are hosting the Harry Potter Month in July and I'm on board! People can compete in the House Cup by accumulating house points. I'll be earning said house points by posting about Harry Potter among other Harry Potter related activities! This year I will be representing Hufflepuff!

Dear J.K. Rowling,

Thank you for so many wonderful years of imagination and childhood. Thank you for creating my best friends. Thank you for believing in yourself and not giving up. Without your persistence, I might never have known such a magical place with such amazing people.

Thank you for capturing my heart between the pages of your books. Thank you for Dobby and Neville and Luna and Hermione and Ron and Harry and Ginny. Thank you for all those characters that taught me it was okay to be smart, weird, curious, funny, to make mistakes, to be wholly myself.

Thank you for adventure and mystery and love and passion. Thank you for everything wrapped into one, where I could escape and enjoy every little detail. Thank you for being so thorough, for knowing which details to pull together, which plot points to drop hints in books long before they are even casually mentioned. Thank you for your brain.

Thank you for all the quotes, for every little potential nugget of gold that can inspire people into action. Thank you for your words, for they helped create a community that prides themselves in loving others and taking action against injustice. Thank you for a real life Dumbledore's Army.

Thank you for your passion project. Thank you for sharing it with us and for allowing it to grow with us, with me. Thank you for so avidly looking out for the little guy. Thank you for your voice; may it be forever a route for others voices.

Thank you for imagining a little boy who lived in a cupboard under the stairs.
You are a brilliant star, may your light never dwindle.
I wish you the happiest of birthdays.

Warmest regards,

Alex
Hufflepuff
Birch wood, dragon heartstring core, 11 3/4", slightly springy


4 comments:

  1. This.Is.Beautiful ♥ This story will live on for ever in every one of us and with SO MANY brilliant characters within the story, it's impossible not to find multiple kindred spirits!

    As for JKR, she's a goddess and I will forever be grateful to her for having such an impact on my life, and the life of millions of people ♥ Here here Alex^^ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I wish JKR could see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, this is so lovely and perfect! This series is truly worthy of being called life-changing. It's amazing to think that one woman's story has brought so much joy around the world; JKR is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! You've worded so well the majesty that is Rowling. There are so many amazing lessons in the pages of her books. I wonder if we will ever be gifted with another author that's touched so many readers in positive ways as her.

    ReplyDelete