Thursday, July 14, 2016

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#82)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

Favorite Ginny Moment

I'm going to be straight with you all right now. I don't have a favorite Ginny moment from the movies because I didn't really enjoy Ginny in the movies. I do, however, have an insane amount of favorite moments from the books because Ginny is a badass, no nonsense, little spitfire of mischeif and I love her! I can't share them all, but here are a couple of them.


"The thing about growing up with Fred and George", said Ginny thoughtfully, "is that sort of start to think anything is possible if you've got enough nerve." -- Ginny Weasley, Order of the Phoenix

She's got a quick fast tongue and brilliant wit. I mean how can she not growing up with all those boys.  She had to find some way to hold her own against them all. One great instance of her increbile cleverness is when she suggests that D.A. stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's was the Ministry feared most in Order of the Phoenix.

I also love that Slughorn is so thoroughly impressed with Ginny when he happens come across her using the Bat-Bogey Hex on Zacharias Smith, that instead of punishing her, he decides to invite her into his club. Even George warns Harry about her skill in casting that hex.

"Oh dear!" chuckled Slughorn comfortably, looking around at Ginny, who was glaring at Zabini around Slughorn's great belly. "You want to be careful, Blaise! I saw this young lady perform the most marvelous Bat-Bogey Hex as I was passing her carriage! I wouldn't cross her!"
--Half-Blood Prince 



2 comments:

  1. Same here^^ movie Ginny is a HUGE letdown...ESPECIALLY compared to how fiery and AWESOME book Ginny is! I love how powerful she is too and well, growing up with the Weasley brothers can't help but make you brilliant, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely comes across as a character that grew up with so many brothers and had to learn to make her own way. I'm glad Rowling gave her such confidence and wit. It was one of my favorite moments that Ginny actually named Dumbledore's Army off of a suggestion that Cho made. I agree 100%. Movie Ginny is not a favorite of mine at all, but book Ginny absolutely is.

    ReplyDelete