Thursday, September 29, 2016

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (#90)



hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows Reviews.

If you could change one thing from book four, what would it be?

I would change that dumb fight Harry and Ron have because of Ron's jealousy and general lack of self-esteem. I completely understand why it happened and appreciate what it does for his character development in Goblet of Fire and beyond, but it was also really annoying. While reading it the first time, I remember thinking that Ron was being a complete prat. The fact that he didn't believe Harry didn't put his name in the goblet was so irritating to me. And the portrayal is so much worse in the movie, but we'll get to that another day. In the end, I know it made their friendship stronger, but really let's not with the whiny, self-deprecating fourteen year old drama.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I think we all went for the same moment this week^^ This fight drives me crazy - all I do when Harry and Ron aren't speaking is wait until everything is right with the world again.

    ReplyDelete