Saturday, December 30, 2017

Top Movies Watched in 2017

I've seen quite a few movies this year and I've enjoyed almost all of them. Granted, it's hard to find a movie that I just outright dislike. This list isn't necessarily films that have been released in 2017, just consumed in 2017. That being said here are my favorite films/tv shows of 2017.

1. Hidden Figures - I loved this movie! I was fascinated by the fact that this history was not common knowledge for so long. I can't say I'm surprised though. I loved that these women, who helped change the course of NASA's history, finally get to have their story told. 


2. Beauty and the Beast (2017) - I loved this adaptation. It was a great reimagining while staying true to the idea of the original film. Plus, I love that this movie solved some of the continuity issues from the animated film. 

3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Honestly, I could watch the first five minutes of this movie over and over again. Baby Groot dancing is just the best. 


4. Wonder Woman - I was incredibly nervous that this movie wouldn't be good. I firmly believed that its success would affect the future of female lead superhero movies. But it was great! I thoroughly enjoyed the ass-kicking and the incredibly compassionate Diana. I can't wait to see more of her. 


5. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - This isn't new to me, but it remains one of my favorite movies. I don't know why but I'm slightly obsessed with it. I love how ridiculous it feels that some of my favorite characters would come into contact and be badass zombie killers. 


6. The Defenders Season 1 - Jessica Jones is one of my favorite "heroes" and getting to see more of her this year was exciting. This ragtag group of vigilantes fight crime and make friends. 


7. Stranger Things Season 2 - I'd waited a long time for this season (as did many others) and I was not disappointed. Everything that made season one great was amplified and expanded. Without exception the storytelling and acting was incredible. 


8. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - This movie seemed to be either you liked it or you didn't, but really enjoyed it. I liked that it tried different things and wasn't a carbon copy of the original trilogy. I loved all the character development and imminent danger that carried throughout the story. 
  

9. Lion - This movie was so heartfelt and incredibly moving. I cried quite a bit even more so because it is based on a true story. 


10. Christmas Inheritance - This list wouldn't be complete without a cheesy Christmas movie. This Netflix original gem stars Eliza Taylor(The 100) as a well meaning but spoiled daughter of a marketing empire. She has to prove to her father and to herself that she is responsible enough to take over the company. It is a very cute movie.


11. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - This is a last minute addition as I literally saw it this morning. It was genuinely a very cute and enjoyable movie. I laughed out loud, a lot. There is really nice homage to the original movie but it completely paves its own way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment